Frequently Asked Questions


Have questions? We’ve got answers.   Check out our list of frequently asked questions and how you can get a jump on the forms and documents you need for us to  help process your request.  If you don’t find what you are looking for, feel free to call our office.

Frequently Asked Questions

Either bring in your form from the DMV or downloaded form MV140 (Including License # & DOB) & MV161. For your convenience, you may also download form, and fax all forms to one of our locations. You may then pick up your completed registration card at that location.

Either bring in your form from the DMV or download forms DL143 & DL6114A. For your convenience you may fax all forms along with the payment form to one of our locations. You may then pick up your camera card at that location. *Commercial drivers licenses require special forms and will take 3 – 5 business days.

Yes, we cannot renew any drivers license or registration that is currently under suspension. We also cannot renew apportioned, fleet, or disabled veteran plates. In some cases, additional documentation may be needed. State and service fees apply.

Current government issued photo identification is required for each person signing. Each person must be present and please wait to sign until you are before the notary. You may complete all other sections in advance. If your document requires witnesses in addition to the notary, you must bring the witnesses with you. They should be somebody who knows you personally and who has no interest in the document. They should also bring their valid government issued photo identification.

The following documentation is needed: The title, valid government issued photo ID from seller, valid PA Driver license or PA identification card from buyer, mileage; and, if buyer is doing tags, proof of insurance in buyer’s name.

The following documentation is needed: Bring seller or the properly re-assigned title from seller, mileage, buyer’s valid PA drivers license or PA identification card, the vehicle (for VIN verification); and if buyer is doing tags, proof of insurance in buyers name.

When the vehicle comes form out-of-state, the VIN must be verified. If you are unable to bring the vehicle to our office, you may: 1. Make a pencil tracing of the VIN plate off the dashboard (tracing must be completely legible), OR 2. Download form MV41 and have a licensed PA inspection mechanic or state trooper verify the VIN. NOTE: If Vehicle is a truck or trailer, then the gross weight must also be verified on the MV41.

You must take four photos of your vehicle, the title, and all your repair receipts to an authorized enhanced inspection station. The station will complete form MV426B. They will return the MV426B and your documentation to you. Bring them into our office for processing.

Requirements for Drivers License Suspension vary on a case to case basis. In order to find out what is needed, you may: 1. Call PA DMV at 1-800-932-4600, 2. Stop into our office to have a requirements letter printed, or 3. Download form DL6114A, and payment form, complete and fax to our office. We will print the requirements letter and fax it back to you within 1 working day. Most suspensions require a restoration fee and proof of insurance in the drivers name. These items we can post within 1 working day. All other items must be submitted to the DMV.

Download form MV380, complete all sections except for the signature. All owners must sign before a notary public. If there is no lien on the vehicle record, we can process the form instantly and the DMV will mail the title in 7-10 days. If there was a lien then you will need to bring a lien release letter from the lien holder and it will take approximately 2-3 weeks for you to receive the title.

Download form MV44, complete section A, B, and D or E. If Section E applies, you must appear before a notary public with your PA drivers license or PA identification card. In most cases we can issue your replacement material instantly.

Download form DL80 and appear before a notary public with your government issued photo identification. Sollenbergers can issue an interim card, which is legal to drive on, and the DMV will send the actual replacement license in 7-10 days.

You must go to a drivers exam center near you. They will request to see your out of state license, birth certificate, social security card, and two items proving your residence in Pennsylvania.